Thursday, August 26, 2021

Blog Post #1

 

One of the places I get my news from the most is twitter! Twitter is a social media application used for people to let other people know what they are doing throughout that day. I think twitter is a great way to get news because of their top trending page. While using twitter, you can use hashtags to narrow down where that tweet goes. So if you were to look up a certain hashtag, you would only see tweets regarding that hashtag. On twitters trending page, it consists of the most popular hashtag that is being talked about that time and then it goes down the second most discussed thing and so on and so forth. A current hashtag that is being discussed about today is Afghanistan and what is going on there. What is also great about twitter is that the news is not narrowed to one thing. One day twitter can be booming about politics and then another day it can discuss the most recent celebrity scandal. (twitter.com or in the App Store)


Another place that I get my news from is tiktok. As funny as it sounds, tiktok has given me most of my news this year than any other application or news broadcast. I mostly find the trendy outfits that people are wearing and celebrity drama on this app, but recently I have been seeing political tiktoks on my for you page. Tiktok works very similar to twitter, you look something up in the search bar and you now see it every other video you view on your for you page. (tiktok.com or in the 
App Store)


I also get my news from the famous ABC news. I don't watch the news very often, but my family does. So while I am doing stuff at the kitchen, I will overhear the news. I will say though, when I need to view the news, I will turn on the news willingly to watch it and see whats going on in the world, but it is not often. (television, app store, abcnews.go.com)


I also view the news on the worldwide website known as, Google. Google can show news without looking up a specific thing, but I usually hear a story from a coworker or a friend or relative and then my curiosity gets the best of me and I always end up looking it up on Google. What is great about Google is you will get multiple articles for the one thing you looked up, and then you can choose which one you want to view. (google.com) 

Lastly, news also can come to me as I am listening to the radio on the way to school or work. You know those weird brakes in between songs where the radio host is talking. Thats where I specifically hear the news. Radio show hosts will often bring up "Did you hear about the..." and then play a song. So now on my journey to wherever my destination is, I am thinking about what the radio show host had just said and then I usually look it up when I reach my destination. I am usually listening to 99.5 or 104.3, but the stations also change based upon where you are living, so those are Maryland stations. (any radio station)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

            I think technology  can be very innovative at times and I think it can be very manipulative at other times. With the advancement...